Advice needed for writing to ss

User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 474
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:25 am

Re: Advice needed for writing to ss

Postby Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:41 am

Hi Nanny Loz

My name is Suzie, an advisor from the Family Rights Group.

Access to records

I am glad to hear that you have finally received some information relating to your records help by Children's Services. There are some restrictions on the amount of information that you can be sent. For instance, 3rd party information or that where consent is not given, there are other examples under the access to records.


It is worrying that in some respects, you appear to have not received enough details, for instance around contact sessions that you have attended. In others, you seem to have been sent information about someone else. This is worrying, and needs to be addressed.

You state, that the Local Authority have advised you to make a complaint, if you are still not happy with their response. It sounds like you may be considering doing this. If anything it may stop this happening to other people, help you to seek clarity about the information that is held about you, and help you to move forward.

Special Guardianship Order

If you decide apply for a special guardianship order, as well as giving you parental responsibility, this will give more security to your grandchildren, you need to give three months notice to the Local Authority about your intention to do this. More information can be contained in becoming a foster carer and support for relatives and friends.

If you have more specific questions in relation to your situation, please contact the Family Rights Group advice line on 0808 801 0366 Monday to Friday 09.30 am to 03.30 pm.

Best Wishes


Return to “Sounding off”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest