Carers Week discussion on Guardian website

David Roth

Carers Week discussion on Guardian website

Post by David Roth » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:32 am

I know this is short notice, as it is happening in just half an hour's time, but ...

To mark Carers' Week this week The Guardian have a live Qestion & Answer session on support for carers from 12-2pm today. You just need to register to take part in the debate. Family Action are on the panel - it might be a good opportunity to highlight the support needed for friends and family carers, for anybody who's interested intaking part?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/social-care-n ... discussion
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser

Robin D

Re: Carers Week discussion on Guardian website

Post by Robin D » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:23 pm

The debate is still on line for viewing. In my humble opinion it was a little one sided towards young carers but still raises some valid issues. However, as is normal, there is little in the way of concrete proposals to resolve the issues.

Robin
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.

David Roth

Post by David Roth » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:03 pm

We can just keep trying to raise the profile where the opportuity presents itself, Robin.
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser

Robin D

Post by Robin D » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:28 pm

Oh I totally agree David. If no-one ever says anything, nothing will ever change.
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.