Survey of grandparents

David Roth

Survey of grandparents

Post by David Roth » Wed May 09, 2012 5:24 pm

Grandparents Plus has forwarded us details of this survey which is being carried out of grandparents in Europe. The request for you to complete the survey is as follows:

As part of our contribution to the EY2012 Eurochild is producing a scoping study which will develop an overview of family policies with relevance to grandparents across EU countries and identify key policies that recognise grandparent care and support, and which strengthen the extended families from children’s perspective. The report will also profile what Eurochild’s members are doing in relation to support for grandparents, and gather some useful evidence on the services offered to them.

We would be very grateful if you would complete this survey, which should only take 10 minutes, by 9th June, so that we can gain information on what services are offered to grandparents in your country.

The survey can be found at: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3CLHL23
We would be grateful if you could disseminate it widely within your networks.

Thanks for your cooperation!

I've looked up some of the terms I didn't recognise. EY2012 is a coalition that "currently includes some 40 European organisations who see the European Year for Active Ageing and Solidarity between Generations as an opportunity to address age discrimination and demographic change in a way that is fair and sustainable for all ages."

Eurochild is a group of organisations whose mission "is to promote the welfare and rights of children and young people in Europe through building a network of active organisations and individuals who are working in and across Europe to improve the quality of life of children and young people." British members include BAAF and Action for Children.
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser

David Roth

Re: Survey of grandparents

Post by David Roth » Mon May 14, 2012 3:38 pm

Irene, I didn't take the survey as I assumed it was for grandparents themselves and not the organisations working with them. Maybe I should take a look.
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser

David Roth

Post by David Roth » Tue May 15, 2012 3:15 pm

OK, I've done the survey.

Thanks for pointing this out Irene.
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser

David Roth

Post by David Roth » Wed May 16, 2012 11:21 am

As a comment, my expectation was that when they wanted to know what services are provided for grandparents, the people to ask would be the grandparents themselves.

People receiving services often have a different perception to the people offering the service.
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser