The One Show - seeking friend carer

David Roth

The One Show - seeking friend carer

Post by David Roth » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:09 pm

We have been contacted by BBC's The One Show, who would like to do a feature on somebody who is raising a child as a friend carer, rather than as a family member.

This is a really good opportunity to highlight a particular segment of family and friends carers who we don't hear much about. At Family Rights Group, we get lots of calls to our advice line from people who have taken in a child they know, because they are a childminder or neighbour or family friend to the child.

The One Show does want to include the child in their feature, so if you are interested but the child is in care or someone else has parental responsibility then you may need to check that out with them, as well as making sure the child is happy to be included.

If you think you might be interested, please email FRG's chief executive Cathy Ashley at cashley@frg.org.uk If you know anybody else who fits the bill and might be interested, could you suggest they contact Cathy as well?

Thank you!
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser

Leonora

Re: The One Show - seeking friend carer

Post by Leonora » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:52 pm

Im going through courts at the moment but if everything go well maybe i will be helping if you need anyone. thanks Leo

David Roth

Re: The One Show - seeking friend carer

Post by David Roth » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:19 am

Leonora - thanks for volunteering. The One Show in question happened a couple of years ago, but Family Rights Group regularly gets approached by the media — radio, newspapers and magazines, as well as television — for people to take part in interviews.

Could you possibly send me a private message with your phone number, so I could ring you up for a chat about this?
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser