Making children's views known

David Roth

Making children's views known

Post by David Roth » Mon May 23, 2011 11:25 am

Would the children you are raising have any views about the way the Family Justice System should work? Would they be interested in sharing those views?

The Office of the Children's Commissioner is inviting and supporting children and young people (between the ages of 4-18) to attend some participation focus group sessions which will be discussing the Government
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser

mama t

Re: Making children's views known

Post by mama t » Tue May 24, 2011 8:14 pm

Hi I would have loved my grandson to take part in this research but after talking to him about he does not want to partispate he said he can't talk to strangers bless. I am really proud of him as he felt able to say no even though he knows it is for a good purpose. If I had awsked him this when he first came here he would have done this just to please me but now he knows he has choices and no-one will judge him.

love n light mama t

mama t
www.whyitsallaboutthem.com

David Roth

Re: Making children's views known

Post by David Roth » Wed May 25, 2011 10:36 am

Thanks for asking him, mama t. It's right that your grandson should only take part in an exercise like this if he is completely happy to do so.

In case anyone is concerned about their young people taking part, I would like to reassure tham that the Office of the Children's Commissioner is very good at taking care of the children and young people who take part in their consultation groups. They have produced a lot of reports that have done an excellent job of presenting the views of young people, including children and young people in the care system. You can look at their website, including the previous reports they have written, here: http://www.childrenscommissioner.gov.uk/

David R
FRG Policy Adviser
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser