FRG Forum: Important Notice

David Roth

FRG Forum: Important Notice

Post by David Roth » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:58 pm

This discussion board is intended to provide mutual support and advice to ALL family and friends carers. No one is in this situation without having suffered tragedy or trauma and it's important that the board is a supportive environment that provides advice and support - a sanctuary away from the pressures and isolation that many carers feel. So just a reminder therefore that it is not appropriate to ask personal details of others nor to post negative judgements about others on the site.

During over four years that I have been posting on this forum, one feature which I think makes this forum really distinctive is the capacity of the carers who post here to empathise with each other's problems and difficulties, without passing judgment on others in your posts, whatever your private thoughts might have been. I feel some of that may have been lost over the last few days - I hope temporarily.

New carers are finding this forum all the time. I hope we can all work together to make an environment where they will feel comfortable sharing their problems and getting supportive advice.

Many of you give so much help to others and that's the spirit in which this board works - so let's all act to each other as we wish to be treated.

Best wishes to all of you.

David R
FRG Policy Adviser
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser

Kate

Re: FRG Forum: Important Notice

Post by Kate » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:11 pm

Thank you David.

I am truly sorry for having posted personal comments, even where names weren't used those posters knew it meant them, and it would have been better not done.

I hope we can all move forward. I for one would rather leave the forum than be a source of any division. This forum means a lot to me.

Muspark

Post by Muspark » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:43 pm

I am very sorry if my words caused offence to anyone, that would not ever be my intention. Please feel free to punch a pillow and pretend that it is me if I said anything to upset. I am surgically removing my foot from my mouth this week....

Robin D

Post by Robin D » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:56 pm

Hear Hear.

Best wishes to all... Robin

Grandparent carer in Suffolk [:)]
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.

nanaJ

Post by nanaJ » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:18 am

Thank you for this David. Without your comments today, I would have felt unable to use the forum again and I know FRG have lost new posters who need our support and empathy. I hope matters can move on.

special4ngel

Post by special4ngel » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:30 am

[:)][:D][8D][:I][:p][}:)][;)][:o)][B)][8][:(][8)][:0][:(!][xx(][)][:X][V][?]
so many emotions

This forum has helped so many carers and children. It is a source of information to be proud of. Many, like myself will be forever grateful for the advise they have been given and the chance to "let off steam"
long may it continue. Now is the time to move forward and continue in OUR JOINT EFFORT to help others.

caz
caz

mama t

Post by mama t » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:12 pm

i want to thank everyone who uses this forum and frg for providing this service without it i don't know what i would have done i have posted on here in my darkest moments and have always been helped by the treasures who use this forum, my friends angels in training.

love n light mama t.[:D]

mama t
www.whyitsallaboutthem.com

Kate

Post by Kate » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:34 pm

my friends angels in training.

-------------

What a lovely way to put it, mama t [:)] I like special4ngel's emoticons and heading, too - there really are so many emotions involved in what we are all living with and doing day in day out.