Family Rights Group on behalf of the Kinship Care Alliance has launched the 2017 Agenda for Action.
We have set up a facility that enables you all to elobby your local parliamentary candidates to raise awareness about kinship care & to ask them to back our campaign so that:
- Children who cannot live with their parents are able to grow up within their wider family wherever possible, taking account of children's wishes and feelings.
- Children living in family and friends care are not overlooked and get the support they desperately need.
- Family and friends carer households are not plunged into poverty when they take on a kinship care child and are assisted not penalised by the benefits and welfare system.
- Family and friends carers have access to free legal advice and information services to protect the children.
- Family and friends carers are enabled to stay in work and not forced to give up their jobs when taking on the care of the children.
It only takes a few clicks & few minutes to elobby your candidates. It will have significantly more impact if you personalise the draft letter to briefly include your experience as a family and friends carer. http://kca.eaction.org.uk/lobby/family- ... for-action
Please do send to firstname.lastname@example.org any replies you receive.
(Chief Executive, Family Rights Group)
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Chief Executive, Family Rights Group
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests