stage 2 complaint

clairespex

stage 2 complaint

Post by clairespex » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:14 pm

Any advice out there on what to write in a stage 2 complaint letter.
SS have had there 20 days on the stage 1 and I haven't heard anything from them, I can't just send in the same letter surely?
Cheers.

Spex
Spex

Help 1870

Re: stage 2 complaint

Post by Help 1870 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:56 pm

Has it been 20 working days?

You dont have to send any additional info, if they havnt responded within the allowed time just send in a letter telling them that because of lack of response within the allocated time you want your complaint escalated immediately to stage 2.

clairespex

Post by clairespex » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:54 pm

Thanks Help,
Yes, it's been 20 working days. I have been counting them off!!

Cheers

Spex
Spex

Kate

Post by Kate » Tue May 03, 2011 1:07 am

Hi Spex, any news?

youngagain

Post by youngagain » Tue May 03, 2011 7:26 pm

Hi Clairspex,I would lodge a complaint with the Ombudsman, that way the council will know not to mess you about. I can not over stress how difficult it has been to bring our complaint both in terms of time and emotional stress. If I had my time again I would take legal action against the council at the earliest opportunity as any investigation that they do is very unlikely to make you feel any better.In fact our stage 2 report was really bad to the extent that it is criminal as are the replies from the council and LGO.The only reason that we do not blow the lid on it all is the child as ultimately its them who will read about it all.I sincerely hope you get an apology but take it from someone who knows,it is extremely unlikely

clairespex

Post by clairespex » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:50 pm

Hi all,

Sorry Ive not posted for a while. I put the Stage 2 complaint in. After two weeks I hadn't heard anything so I rang them. A few days later they rang me back to say they were trying to resolve the issues before escalating to stage 2. I told them I had already requested it to be escalated as they have been 'trying to resolve the issue' since New Year and still nothing - which is why I'm complaining. They said they ahve 'tried their utmost' to resolve it and I said I'd like to see what that means. Show me evidence of you 'trying your utmost' because if it has taken 6 months for nothing to happen then it doesn't seem to me that much trying has happened at all.
Will keep you all posted.
x

Spex
Spex

Kate

Post by Kate » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:44 pm

Claire, I can't remember the timescale but I believe there's a set period of time for them to respond to complaints and it sounds as if they are completely flouting the regulations. Hopefully someone will be able to be more specific for you so you know how to respond next.

old bear

Post by old bear » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:38 pm

hi claire,
perhaps they were hoping you'd be holding your breath for them to take action ~ in which case by now you'd have expired!
i hope you've made a complete note of your telephone calls with them.
also, perhaps you should write a letter to them reitering that your letter in march was a stage 2 complaint letter and you are still waiting for them to progress the complaint.
if i may quote "the saying of the moment": keep calm and carry on
best wishes,
old bear

Kate

Post by Kate » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:47 am

http://www.frg.org.uk/pdfs/25.%20Challe ... laints.pdf

Spex, if this link works it will take you to the FRG Advice Sheet on Complaints. Hope it helps.

David Roth

Post by David Roth » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:25 am

It could also be worth making a call to the Local Government Ombudsman advice line. Although the LGO doesn't usually get involved until the local authority's own procedures have been exhausted, they may have some advice about how to deal with unreasonable delays.

David R
FRG Policy Adviser
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser