This is the LGO webite: http://www.lgo.org.uk/

David R
FRG Policy Adviser
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser

youngagain

Re: stage 2 complaint

Post by youngagain » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:39 am

Hi Clairspex,I know how frustrating this process can be,if you are committed to seeing the complaint through it is imperative that you lodge your complaint with the Ombudsman as there are strict time limits.
Here is what happened with my complaint for your information.

2007 complaint formalized with council,2008 council did not process stage one.Jan 2009 received council records after request.Stage 2 investigator appointed and interviewed us. May 2009, stage 2 investigator ceases investigation after he changed his email address without notifying us and then said it was our non cooperation with the investigation that led to his action.
WroTe to M.P. and LGO. LGO arranged meeting in September 2009 and council agreed to re start process.January 2010 stage 2 report finished the results were scandalous.My response document filed with L.G.O. 2010. LGO produced a provisional view and removed 3 of the complaints (the most serious ones)They then wrote to me explaining that they had no duty to kept to the legal wording of my complaints.M.P wrote to the secretary of state on my behalf.
He referred it back to the Ombudsman.Ombudsman produced a final decision in Jan 2011 refusing to look at any of the complaints or the process of the stage 2 investigation.I called the police and was told to hold on to the evidence.I produced a statement demanding a review of the complaint and sent it to the Ombudsman.The acting assistant Ombudsman took legal advice.He is now talking it over with Dr Jane Martin the actual Ombudsman.I do not expect any action to be taken.
Hope this helps.

clairespex

Post by clairespex » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:42 pm

Oh Jeez, what an awful, long, frustrating process you're going through. They have now agreed to escalate to Stage 2 and have had letter to confirm. They are now trying to agree who the Investigators will be. They do seem pretty on it. I've got copies of all emails and notes from all meetings so hopefully they won't be able to get past me! I'll keep you all posted.
Thanks for the advice and support.
c.

Spex
Spex

Kate

Post by Kate » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:27 am

Glad they're moving now Spex, keep us posted.

clairespex

Post by clairespex » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:00 pm

Hi all, an update for you.
The Investigating Officer has got in touch and is coming with the Independent Person to see me on the 14th. They want to clarify the 'Terms of Reference' for the complaint. Sheesh. You'd think after 3 very detailed letters they would know what it is I'm complaining about!! My question is if they want to narrow the complaint down, should I complain about the lack of service provided (respite, training and placement support) or their incompetence at organising it, despite recognising urgent need way back at Christmas? There is the further complication of working across boundary (which they have used as an excuse and blame it on my LA)so do I complain about their inability to work with my LA, despite promises two years ago that they would.
I think it is all part and parcel of the same thing myself. What do you think? I have got copies of every single email ever gone between us and records of all phone calls so think I can prove their incompetence quite easily.

Spex
Spex

clairespex

Post by clairespex » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:02 pm

Forgot to add. Since the complaint went in, they have offered me respite but it is 100 miles away and I have to take my niece there and pick her up. This is not only a long drive but also means that my niece can't join an athletics group she wants to do at weekends, so is impeding on her life. So my complaint is really about having local services.

Spex
Spex