Final decision LGO

youngagain

Final decision LGO

Post by youngagain » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:48 am

We have received the final decision letter from the L.G.O. that advises that they will not investigate on any of the 10 heads of complaint that we have made.I have posted some of the issues before but I now see this as a final line in the sand where if I decide to pursue it further it would cost a great deal in terms of time and money and if I let it go, no doubt my life would benefit.
Just to let everyone know, I have spent many hours preparing arguments based on fact and the law of the land in support of our complaint but throughout both the stage 2 council complaints procedure and the LGO procedure I have encountered what is an orchestrated and endemic system of subversion,abuse and untruths so far detached from moral principles that it makes me ashamed to live in this country.I exposed child abuse, the sort of abuse that leads to things like baby p happening and it has been whisked away and forgotten about forever locked in the files of the local council where in the original proceedings they withheld it from the court with both the social worker and legal rep of the council conveniently leaving the council shortly after the SGO.So my advice to anyone who would be so brave as to take these criminals to account in the hope that the future would not hold another child to be abused,call in the media and try not to take the law in to your own hands.

Help 1870

Re: Final decision LGO

Post by Help 1870 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:46 am

No offence intended, but are you sure you have been complaining about the right things? I have had to alter statements and complaints for carers where information they felt is important is actually irrelevant and information they felt irrelevant was very important.

Sometimes it can be difficult to see the wood for the trees.

I think that calling these people 'criminals' probably isnt doing you a great deal of good or helping your case.

maricharle

Post by maricharle » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:06 pm

Youngagain, It sounds as if you have felt isolated and that you have been doing everything yourself. I just wonder have you have had any advice from anyone. I also think Help raises some very valid points re what is and is not often considered relevant as is the language we use when interacting. Would it be worthwhile seeking advice from the CAB or perhaps seeking to engage the support of a local councillor from the childrens services directorate perhaps even your MP. Having someone re-look at what you have done so far and at the LGO's findings could be useful and may provide you with another way forward. Perhaps you have done all this already although if not it may be worth considering. All the very best.

youngagain

Post by youngagain » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:26 pm

I am finding it difficult to express the way I feel,I suppose that I have come across at times as having an attitude that is a little confrontational with regards to my local authority. However I do tend to tell it as it is as I feel honesty is the best way.
For those of you on this forum that have not experienced what my family and I have, I can not expect you to understand and for those of you that have,I sympathise with you, that is not to say I don't respect all the others.My plight has been one of necessity and undertaken with the principles of moral obligation and the responsibility that I feel for my family.It has been a very frustrating time the last 3 years with the
local authority and the complaints process let alone the L.G.O.
Having been overseen by an advocate (ex legal professional in child care)my complaints have been well worded and with sound legal basis.
However, I feel that I have been a fool as I expected that local government would have a system of accountability when it came to children.I really do appreciate all of the help and advice that everyone has given me, however my efforts must now be put to better use and I am sure or I hope at least you will all understand that I must leave this forum as its content remind me of the feelings that I have experienced. May good fortune come to you all

Muspark

Post by Muspark » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:46 pm

That is a pity.... as I said in another post to you, if you have been surrounded by negative issues and injustice then you are bound to feel negative and upset. It is a shame that you have had no closure from your complaints. I wish you the best and hope you can come back to visit the site again. Kind regards.

nanaJ

Post by nanaJ » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:00 pm

Youngagain - You must feel very sad and disillusioned today. I also suspect you feel you have not been treated with empathy and kindness on this site over the past few days. This must add to your sense of sadness.

I pursued complaints against CAFCASS and know how draining it is and how much work goes into this course of action and yours was clearly at a higher level than mine. Over time, I came to realise I could not change things and my youngest daughter asked me to focus on all that was good in my life. I have moved on, although I will never forgive the case worker. It is time for you to have peace.

Can I also say that Judicial Reviews grew from the public's dissatisfaction at actions (arising from complaints procedures or otherwise) taken by statutory/public bodies such as Local Authorities and the IPCC. I am not for one minute suggesting you pursue this course of action, I merely mention it because it shows you are not alone.

The site offers support to those who have had bad experiences with the Local Authority as well as welcoming those with more positive experiences. You have done nothing wrong in bringing your negative experiences to the board, just as many others before you have done - you were looking for support.

I hope you can move forward and find the happiness you are due.

youngagain

Post by youngagain » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:31 pm

Thank you nanaJ you know how I feel and that is all I need to know,toady I have learned that I am not alone.I am bowing out now.

Kate

Post by Kate » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:00 pm

Youngagain - You must feel very sad and disillusioned today. I also suspect you feel you have not been treated with empathy and kindness on this site over the past few days. This must add to your sense of sadness.
-------------

I totally agree with nanaJ. I am so very sorry things have worked out this way for you, youngagain, after all your efforts. I truly hope you can find peace, too. It may take a while after living with this constant stress, but it will come. You have clearly acted according to your conscience, and I respect you for fighting with all your strength and energies on behalf of those who have no power, ie the children.
--------------

The site offers support to those who have had bad experiences with the Local Authority as well as welcoming those with more positive experiences. You have done nothing wrong in bringing your negative experiences to the board, just as many others before you have done - you were looking for support.

I hope you can move forward and find the happiness you are due.

----------------

Amen. Wishing you all the very best, and I hope maybe you will feel able to come back here, now and then, or when you are ready.

youngagain

Post by youngagain » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:06 am

Thank you Kate for your support,i know that I have irritated some on this forum by being too negative and forthright.i am taking a step back now so although I feel strongly about some of the issues,I need to reflect on what has been said over the next couple of days.There is not any bad feeling on my part about anything posted.

Kate

Post by Kate » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:00 am

If you're reading, youngagain, all the best as you reflect on all that's happened. I hope you get chance to take a break and relax after all the stress.