Support groups

asw50

Support groups

Post by asw50 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:17 pm

Hi I am a grandparent bring up my granddaughters I have had to give up work and I woundered if there is any support groups in mr area West Yorkshire or any other grandparents who also feel isolated
asw50

David Roth

Re: Support groups

Post by David Roth » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:27 pm

Hi asw50, and welcome to the family and friends carers discussion forum.

Finding a support group to go to is a really good idea. FRG does have a list of all the support groups we know about in the country - you can get to it by clicking in the box at the top of the page that says SUPPORT GROUPS, or by following this link: http://www.frg.org.uk/need-help-or-advi ... ort-groups

If there isn't one in your area, but you'd be interested in setting one up, you could call FRG's consultant for setting up support groups, the lovely Chris Leaves, on 01733 751531. Chris has helped family and friends carers all over the country to get their support groups going, and if you leave a message on that number she will get back to you for a chat.
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser

asw50

Re: Support groups

Post by asw50 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:48 pm

I have had a long chat with Chris she is supportive and I am willing to set up a group but my children are placed out of area from their SC team this means they I contact with other carers in my area