some folk don't deserve kids!

Kate

Re: some folk don't deserve kids!

Post by Kate » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:31 pm

Good on you Aunty Lucy. Is there any more news about what's going to happen to this lad?

Aunty Lucy

Post by Aunty Lucy » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:49 am

last I heard he was off to stay with his nan.
He did go missing during the day, because he didn't wnt to get involved with ss again, poor lad just came home from foster care a few weeks before christmas. The police found him pretty quickly but had no good words to say about ss.
Late last night his mum was still in police custody for child abandonment (she was picked up early Sunday morning after they'd been to my house)
I really feel for this lad, he's been in care for a lot of his life, ss give him the hope of going back to his mum and she blows it for him!
He's two brothers and two sisters somewhere, they're not allowed to live with mum. When the police asked him where his dad was he told them he'd hung himself.
Kids should be out riding bikes and annoying the neighbours, not dealing with this kind of life!

Muspark

Post by Muspark » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:46 am

What an appalling mess... Where is the hope for this poor Kid when his family is completely broken. It's a scary world for adults, what must it look like to him.

Well done Lucy for last night lets hope the LA and the other support services show as much compassion as you did. Keep us updated if you can x x x x

Kate

Post by Kate » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:51 pm

Poor boy to have been through so much trauma [:(] I hope his nan looks after him at least half decently while SS hopefully get their act together.

heavyraisin

Post by heavyraisin » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:35 pm

Hi, I'm a relatively new poster. Have been registered on here for a while but not posted for ages. Good on you Aunty Lucy. Reading these posts just made me think I want to pick that lad up and bring him home and show him some warmth and affection. I'm really glad that the Police did a PNC check on you as I was thinking "what on earth if this lad had NOT gone to a safe place". I doubt you'll get any feedback but I'd love to hear some positive news about these kiddies.

Kinship Carer to Nephew
:-)
Kinship Carer to Nephew
:o)

Aunty Lucy

Post by Aunty Lucy » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:44 pm

I've no real news, but they do say no news is good news.
The lad hasn't been seen around here all week, so I'm hoping he's safe and being looked after, if not by his Nan by someone else who cares.
His mum is home, I saw her when I was going to work today and although she looked like she wanted to rip my head from my shoulders but she didn't say a thing.
The police asked me if I'd be willing to give a statement and go to court if I needed to and I agreed, so that's all done.

I didn't mention before but when the lad came round originally he said 'if your light hadn't been on I wouldn't have knocked and woke you up' I told him if he ever needed anyone to come here and knock even if all the lights were off and it was the middle of the night, I hope he remembers that.
I just hope he's doing Ok and being cared for in a real way.

David Roth

Post by David Roth » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:07 pm

It sounds as though you have done all you can for the time being, Aunt Lucy. Well done you for giving this youngster a safe haven when he needed it.

Perhaps you could let police and social services know that you'd be willing to have him back if there's ever an emergency, if you feel able to do that and deal with mum's hostility. If he was doing well in foster care then he might end up going back to the same foster carers, if they still have space, if things don't work out for him at home.

David R
FRG Policy Adviser
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser

Aunty Lucy

Post by Aunty Lucy » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:44 pm

quote:Originally posted by David R

It sounds as though you have done all you can for the time being, Aunt Lucy. Well done you for giving this youngster a safe haven when he needed it.

Perhaps you could let police and social services know that you'd be willing to have him back if there's ever an emergency, if you feel able to do that and deal with mum's hostility. If he was doing well in foster care then he might end up going back to the same foster carers, if they still have space, if things don't work out for him at home.

David R
FRG Policy Adviser

David, sometimes you just know things will never work out at home, no matter how much we think they should!
His mother's never going to change, I was going to work at 11 am when I saw her and she was 3 sheets to the wind, as my mum says.
He told me where his nan lives (quite close to my mum), and that he's going to a new school this week, one where about 90% of the kids who go there catch my bus in the mornings.
I really hope he's not too far away and that i see him on that bus sometime, I'd love to know how he's doing.

SS and the police know I'd be willing to take him in emergency, but if they have any sense they wont bring him here as his mum is only five doors down.

Aunty Lucy

Post by Aunty Lucy » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:35 am

I'm so pleased, I saw the young lad yesterday morning. He was at my bus stop on his way to school, he's obviously popular with his friends, he was looking clean and tidy and very smart, but most of all happy. He came over to me and said hello and asked about me and my kids.
I didn't ask him any questions, just how he was and if he was enjoying school.
Glad I saw him, he was looking happy.

Muspark

Post by Muspark » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:59 pm

That's great to know!!! Thanks x