Need urgent advice

DB182

Re: Need urgent advice

Post by DB182 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:07 pm

And stay safe also.x

DB182

Post by DB182 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:46 pm

I think something might actually be happening I've received my assessment and its definitely positive also received confirmation saying I should be receiving all information as I'm a party in proceedings..thank you for all your support so far 🤞it all starts to move now.

Robin D

Post by Robin D » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:57 pm

Fingers crossed for you.
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.

DB182

Post by DB182 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:40 pm

Thank you robin....did the advocates meeting over the phone but couldn't get a word in.how ever theres another on Wednesday before court so I'm going to try and bring it up then. Because LA is still saying there waiting on me to do my statement which they dont seem to have even though it was done last month so others have said they have it so someone is sending it over to them....there now saying my partner might have be made party to proceedings and for him to do a statement. They should of said that in January if that was the case. Does anyone know if they would be willing to accept a written statement because with what's going on theres no way we can pay another£1100+ on another statement. Also my son and his girlfriend have split up and hes gone back to his dads🙈 he was being assessed with her and I dont think they will support the baby going to his dads.due to matters of his dad.i was told during the phone meeting as their doing a full assessment of myself and partner.they asked what I'd received upto now regarding I said nothing which I haven't so there supposed to be emailing a bundle through before the court hearing on Wednesday. As anyone got any advice on how I should word my question around being eliminated from the pool. Should I just say based on the second medical report of dr ***** dated end of January can we be considered to be eliminated from the pool of perpetrators because hes report saying 10-14 days in his opinion in which we didnt have care on gs in that time period.

Robin D

Post by Robin D » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:02 am

Yes iand yes are the answers. Remember, they will not be expecting you to know the formalities. Do your own statement with the explanation that you can't afford to pay a solicitor. Keep it factual where you can.

Yes, just ask the question. .

Good luck ... Robin
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.

DB182

Post by DB182 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:07 am

Thank you Robin.

DB182

Post by DB182 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:26 am

I thought I'd keep my page updated just incase other people find themselves in a similar situation. Well court went ahead on the 8th by phone. Due to this coronavirus. Where back in court around 16th of june. But they have said they will do our full fostering assessment. Which the fostering team did contact us on the 9th. We have just finished all our homework they sent us and emailed it back.. dont worry it's only questions.so now it's just a matter of sitting back and seeing what they send us next. I also asked if I could be removed from the pool of perpetrators but due to another doctor's report that only needs to be done and filed by the 1st of june they said they dont think the judge would grant it because once that report comes back if it says the same as the last one it will automatically remove us. I'll update when we know more. But for now keep safe and dont give up fighting because we will definitely not be giving up.

DB182

Post by DB182 » Sun May 17, 2020 8:16 am

Thought I'd do a little update. So at the last court date we was told we would have weekly video contact due to covid 19....however gs sw hadn't really looked into it all properly so she said after she wasnt prepared to do weekly video as it ment her driving so many miles to do the contact she said she would do it fortnightly. 2 weeks ago shes managed to set it up where we can do a 3 way call with her. Gs and us so now we have weekly video contact for 10mins it just doesn't seem long enough maybe in expecting to much. God knows.....my sil informed me around 3 and half weeks ago another sw had gotten in touch with her regarding go out to there property viewing it and regarding there references. Apparently they where sent out to the people she put down about 7 weeks ago....the sw told her theses need to be completed asap before it goes back to court. Now I find this all strange... because when they had their viability assessment done the day before ours they had never heard back from anyone they wasnt given the medical form like us to go and have a medical so they thought it wasn't going any further....I think they have got mixed up somewhere between them and us...so I emailed the fellow who's doing our second part of the assessment on the 29th of april asking what's happening regarding our references. Guess what no sodding reply back from him. It's like ramming your in a brick wall trying to get a response from theses. Second assessment started he sent us a long list of questions to answer about 5 weeks ago we filled them in sent them back waited a week then he sent some more... same questions as he had asked on previous from the week before....never heard anything since 🙈

Robin D

Post by Robin D » Sun May 17, 2020 10:42 am

Sadly even in normal times, SW often leave everything to the last minute just before the next court date. I guess they are under pressure so are in reactive rather than proactive mode.

I would politely chase them for a progress report weekly. A simple "what do you need from us this week to allow you to complete the assessment?" Is likely to raise it in the awareness of the reader over all all the other tasks in hand.

Parallel planning is to be expected so the work with your SIL is normal. What if they got near completion with you then found you had 40 child refugees hidden in the loft? Hence going down several routes at the same time.

DB182

Post by DB182 » Sun May 17, 2020 1:03 pm

Thank you robin. I'm going to send another email tomorrow to. It shouldn't be long before the other medical report is in🤞.....I get what your saying regarding sil but nothing even mentions them in court papers etc....oh my u made me go grey thinking of 40 children in my loft🤣