Need urgent advice

DB182

Re: Need urgent advice

Post by DB182 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:06 am

Hi Robin thank you for replying no I didn't get confirmation that it was read....their sending me round the twist hahaha...my son even spoke to gs guardian other day regarding it and even hes said hes not heard anything about my assessment....he said where just in the middle of email to and from regarding your (sons) assessment to see if it can be done now before court or will it be after court..but I haven't heard anything about your mums...the week before he said to my son your mums assessment has been done so he knows it's been done just doesn't know what's going on...but I'll do as you have suggested and post a letter. Thank you.

DB182

Post by DB182 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:34 am

Hi just a quick update. I managed to to speak to cs yesterday regarding my assessment.she said it had been sent to their legal team.she said it was a positive assessment apart from us still being in the pool of perpetrators so it's just for the court now to take us out of that. Can anyone give me any advice on that. That advocates meeting is on the 3rd of April now she said shes asked the legal team if I can attend because shes not sure. I was also told by my solicitor I instructed to do the statement that if I couldn't attend I could do a phone conference. Is it at that time I should be saying I want removing from the pool of perpetrators based on the second medical report.....before it goes to court on the 8th.

Robin D

Post by Robin D » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:50 am

Not an area I am familiar with, but in my general experience, getting issues tabled at court as soon as possible is usually helpful to you and indeed to the court. So yes, put it to the advocates meeting even if all it does is to have it on the radar of all parties when it comes to the hearing on the 8th.
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.

DB182

Post by DB182 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:03 pm

Thank you Robin yeh I thought so. It's like that saying i can ask for free lol...oh I've got to go back over to them at some point because apparently our DBS forms and reference forms have gone missing. I've asked her to double check with the fostering department as I'm not happy seeing as theres private stuff on them like national insurance numbers etc.

DB182

Post by DB182 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:18 pm

Well I cant see court going ahead now with this coronavirus.....I wish they could do something about this surly they must be able to look at that medical report and remove us so he could temporarily come to us instead of staying in foster care.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:37 pm

Dear DB182

Thank you for your further posts. You have had some helpful advice and support from an experienced kinship carer.

I am glad to hear that your assessment was positive (apart from you still being in the possible pool of perpetrators) and you are being very proactive in contacting the social worker with queries as they arise.

You should raise any questions you have/seek clarification of any issues at the advocates meeting as discussed in earlier posts including the issue of the second medical report.

You were querying whether the court hearing will go ahead because of the current situation with regard to Coronavirus (CV19). There have been some rapid developments and new guidance issued with relation to hearings in the family court. In most situations now court hearings (and advocates’ meetings) will be undertaken remotely via email, telephone, video or Skype. They are only likely to take place physically in exceptional circumstances and where there is no other way.

As you are not represented you could try emailing the judge or court directly to ask about the arrangements for the next hearing or your son, who is represented, can ask his solicitor to clarify this.

We will be updating our website regularly with advice around these developments so please do keep checking this advice section for kinship carers during the Coronavirus Crisis .

Please see the newly published top tips for kinship carers to help children maintain relationships during the Coronavirus outbreak .

I hope they will be helpful to you.

Please do post again or if you would like to speak to an adviser you can call the freephone advice helpline on 0808 8010366 (Mon to Fri, 9.30 am to 3.00 pm, except bank holidays) as needed.

With best wishes

Suzie

DB182

Post by DB182 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:41 pm

Thank you suzie. I emailed court last week just waiting on them to get back to me. The advocates meeting is scheduled for the 3rd and still haven't heard anything about that....I emailed the social worker she said she doesn't know anything yet...our DBS forms have been found and our references but I dont think they have been done because people we put forward havent heard anything 🤦‍♀️....I've been asking about skyping gs they said their trying to work out the best way to sort some form of contact out...its so frustrating because I keep think he will forget about us...we have had odd picture and video so that's a bonus.

DB182

Post by DB182 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:18 pm

Does anyone know what I get to see and dont get to see. As far as I'm aware gs mum was ment to be giving a statement there was drug and alcohol test being done on her. Her boyfriend and my son and I dont seem to have received any information on anything. The advocates meeting is Friday and I dont know what's going on.

Robin D

Post by Robin D » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:35 pm

Unless you are party to proceedings you may get to see nothing. If you are party, much is likely to come on the day of the advocates meeting.

If not a party, you will need to apply to the court for 'leave to apply'. Speak to the court office. The paperwork is not too difficult but there is a fee to pay.

Stay cool and stay safe.
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.

DB182

Post by DB182 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:06 pm

Thank you robin for answering I am party to proceedings so I'll see what they say Friday they said I can only attend by phone which is fine. I just thought with my statement getting sent to all solicitors they would have to do the same with other parties statements meaning I'd get to see them seeing as I'm a party and I'm representing myself.