Brocken contact order

Post Reply
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:22 am

Brocken contact order

Post by Nannan » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:44 am

Hello, I am new to the site. I have a contact order to see my grandson and my daughter has broken it and won't agree to further contact. I have applied for an enforcement order but have not heard back from the court. In the mean time I bumped into my grandson and his father and my grandson has been told that the police say I can't see him which I explained is completely untrue. I am worried sick as they initially told him I had died. How can I chase up my enforcement please and how can I prove that the police are not evolved. I would really appreciate some advice.

User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 640
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:25 am

Re: Brocken contact order

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:02 pm

Dear Nannan

Welcome to the family and friends carers’ discussion forum and thank you for your post.

My name is Suzie, online adviser at Family Rights Group. I am sorry it has taken some time for you to receive a response to your post.

I am sorry that your daughter has not been adhering to the order made by the court for contact. You have applied to the court for an enforcement order. Normally, you should receive a hearing date from the court once your application is issued. It is important you include the case number when making contact with the court. I hope that you have by now received a hearing date.

It is very sad that your grandson has been given such upsetting and untrue information which cannot be good for him. You do not say how old he is but it would be hard for any child to be told that a grandparent died. It appears there are a lot of difficulties with this family relationship and you could perhaps ask the court to make an order that children’s services offers assistance in respect of contact.

Although you have posted on this forum, your case relates to a private law matter (which does not fall within our remit) as you are applying for contact with your grandson and children’s services are not involved.

If you do not have a solicitor you can contact Child Law Advice on 0300 330 5480 for advice about the court proceedings.

Best wishes


Post Reply