Reports contingency plans and care plans

Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:16 pm

Reports contingency plans and care plans

Post by mani9115 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:23 am

Hi Everyone,

I am a registered kinship Carer with L****** Council
I believe that I should have been sent copies of all Lac meetings, Care plans, Heath Assessments and PEP reports for the child I care for. Is this correct?
Can anyone advise me on how to ask for these and who I need to ask?

(***edited by Suzie to adhere to board rules)

User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 642
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:25 am

Re: Reports contingency plans and care plans

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:40 pm

Dear mani9115

Welcome to the family and friends carers’ discussion forum and thanks for posting.

You say you are a registered kinship carer with the local authority. It is not clear if you have an order from the court, that is, a special guardianship order or child arrangement order to care for the child in question.

It is not clear whether the documents you wish to have copies of relate to a period prior to when child came into your care or current documents afterwards. Whether or not you are entitled to the documents the time period would be relevant.

You can of course request the documents and it will be for children’s services to let you know which documents you can have. If they are documents since the child has been in your care and you have parental responsibility, then you would have been involved in a PEP for the child.

If you are a foster carer, you do not have parental responsibility as this is shared by the local authority and the child’s parents.

I think the best thing would be for you to make the request to children's services. If you have parental responsibility you can ask the child's school or GP for information.

You may wish to speak to an adviser on our advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open from 9.30am to 3pm Monday to Friday.

I hope this helps

Best wishes


Post Reply