Bar pro bono unit

DefaultNana

Bar pro bono unit

Post by DefaultNana » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:42 pm

Hi just wondered if anyone had experience of using this service and how was it? We have court in March again...feeling worried and tense as no one expected leave to challenge to be granted and it has.
Thanks in advance :(

Robin D

Re: Bar pro bono unit

Post by Robin D » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:06 pm

I used them on a completely unrelated matter in 2014 and they were very helpful although it didn't end up in court as the advice received allowed me to explore other options.

Our referral came from Citizens Advice, but I believe you can be referred also by your MP or a solicitor. You need to apply sooner rather than later as they take a while to respond.
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.

DefaultNana

Re: Bar pro bono unit

Post by DefaultNana » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:14 pm

Thanks Robin I didn't need referral as in Scotland but grandchildren English. Just wondered how other people found it. ..just sent off copies of reports from original sgo stuff today.