Further update, more advice/reassurance needed

ied53

Re: Further update, more advice/reassurance needed

Postby ied53 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:49 am

Unfortunately Mums explanation is feasible and only 1 burn to see. Had there been more it may well have been different. If steps are taken too soon then the child is at risk of abuse that cannot be seen or worse they move away and hide.
Irene
Grandparent carer in Lincolnshire
Tough times never last tough people do

Nanny G

Postby Nanny G » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:22 pm

i accept it was only one incident, and 1 burn mark, and as you say if they go in too heavy handed too soon they risk any further abuse being hidden. I guess also its a hard one to prove too, however i cannot see how a child 'walking into an ashtray' or 'bumping into mums cigarette' can cause a burn mark. For a cigarette to burn it has to be held in place quite some time. it could have been an iron, that would have made sense, but was not the reason given.
At the end of the day it is al in the past now, the burn incident was about 2 years ago, however it has always annoyed me that it was taken at face value.
Then again It was said by CS that the b/f needed to be away form the child, and mum with her baby was also at risk form him, to which she agreed and 'took the bold and brave move to split from him to protect herself, her daughter and unborn child...' which she didn't, and neither did she separate herself form my son at the time (nor he her) but instead they all lied and spun a complicated story to CS about how they were no longer incontact... which when found out is what led to care proceedings.
So i guess, overall taking mum at her word, all was supposedly safe.

ied53

Postby ied53 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:11 pm

Hunny with you all the way, I agree with every word. Believe me the CS know all the tricks and lies from BP their hands are tied. But it all adds up. Hardest part is for us to sit back and wait. Hugs from one Granny to another.
Irene

Grandparent carer in Lincolnshire

Tough times never last tough people do

Nanny G

Postby Nanny G » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:36 pm

just to add insult to injury, the 'final verdict' on the matter of Aunts partner and dragging children out of kitchen leaving marks...

SW's manager has spoken to mum, who says that is ridiculous, of course it wouldn't happen and if it had she wouldn't take child back again...

so obviously as she is such a reformed character these days it is the two of them starting up tit for tat again as mum has complained about dad because child had grown out of her clothes, 'had to give her calpol' (for a cough) so has raised issues with SW's as tot he childs welfare.

so basically they are both being immature children again, and Son is 'getting back' at mum by saying these things...!

Granddaughter hasn't said anything to me, but i saw the mark on her arm and i witnessed how clingy and unsettled she was that night and the few days after.

I have told son , if it ever happens again to take pictures, they (hopefully) cant deny that

so fuming right now!!

Hopefully, for child's sake it doesn't happen again. However, i would love CS to be proved wrong!

Return to “Natter and chatter”