Payments

millie

Payments

Post by millie » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:17 am

Does anyone know why my sgo allowance has changed to a permanence allowance ?
Is there any difference between them

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Payments

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:30 am

Dear Millie

Thank you for your post. I m sorry that this change is causing you concern at the moment.

I am not aware of a change in respect of the special guardianship allowance to permanence allowance. However, this may be something that your local authority has decided when reviewing their policies and therefore be unique to your local authority.

As you have been receiving a special guardianship allowance, I assume that you are in England. The only reference I can find to a permanence allowance payment relate to Scotland and this in respect of adoption payments.

I suggest that you ask Children Services in your local area or the area that made Special Guardian allowance payments to you (if appropriate), the reason for the change. Although the name has changed I do not think it is likely that the amount you receive will change since I would expect your circumstances to be looked at before making a decision about the payment you receive.

I hope you will receive an explanation from the local authority about this. Do let us know.

Best wishes

Suzie

millie

Post by millie » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:28 pm

Hi Suzy
Thanks for getting back to me. I telephoned the finance guy for the SGO team and he explained that our local council have bought the sgo, adoption payments etc have all been bought together and called Permanence allowance. Our payments will remain the same .

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:21 pm

Hello Millie

Thanks for coming back with update. I am pleased that you are now clear about the allowance you are receiving.

Best wishes

Suzie