Page 1 of 1

Legal advise

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:14 am
by mrsmoose
We have been instructed by the court judge to get some legal advise and to submit a statement to the court expressing our views. (It's a long story, but basically we have been family & friends carers for nearly 3 years, for my great niece and we are now going for an adoption order, supported by Local authority and agency decision maker)
So what I was wondering is how to go about finding a good solicitor? We want somebody that obviously specializes in this kind of thing, and I have found a couple of 'family law' solicitors but how do I know if they're any good?
We live in West Wales, but don't mind travelling to wherever we have to go to get the best advise.
Thank in advance!

Re: Legal advise

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:27 am
by Robin D
You need to find someone who is on the 'childrens panel'. You can either search the Law Society site or you might find helpful.

Be sure to ask questions to ensure they have dealt with specifically your sort of work before agreeing anything.

Re: Legal advise

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:00 am
by mrsmoose
Many thanks for the information Robin D, will look into that today.
Thanks again.