Legal advise

mrsmoose

Legal advise

Post by mrsmoose » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:14 am

Hi.
We have been instructed by the court judge to get some legal advise and to submit a statement to the court expressing our views. (It's a long story, but basically we have been family & friends carers for nearly 3 years, for my great niece and we are now going for an adoption order, supported by Local authority and agency decision maker)
So what I was wondering is how to go about finding a good solicitor? We want somebody that obviously specializes in this kind of thing, and I have found a couple of 'family law' solicitors but how do I know if they're any good?
We live in West Wales, but don't mind travelling to wherever we have to go to get the best advise.
Thank in advance!

Robin D

Re: Legal advise

Post by Robin D » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:27 am

You need to find someone who is on the 'childrens panel'. You can either search the Law Society site or you might find http://www.collaborativelawwales.co.uk helpful.

Be sure to ask questions to ensure they have dealt with specifically your sort of work before agreeing anything.
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.

mrsmoose

Re: Legal advise

Post by mrsmoose » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:00 am

Many thanks for the information Robin D, will look into that today.
Thanks again.