permanency planning meeting

mamma

permanency planning meeting

Post by mamma » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:39 pm

hi all can anyone tell what a permanency planning meeting intails please thankyou

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: permanency planning meeting

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:00 pm

Dear mamma

My name is Suzie and I am an Adviser at Family Rights Group.

Congratulations on getting to the point where the children will be moving to you soon.

In response to your question a permanency planning is where the plan for a child which is intended to last until the child becomes an adult at 18. This can be a child to return home or placement with relatives or long term foster carers or where the carer has a Children Arrangement Order of Special Guardianship Order.

You should ensure that the social worker clarifies for you how the meeting will be conducted, what is going to be provided to ensure the placement goes smoothly; if the child needs additional support how this will be provided and by whom. If there are things which will be needed for the child to settle in this will need to be considered and how it will be financed.

This final plan will set out the way the child will move on to the permanent placement. Issues of contact and other matters including health and education should also be considered.

I have included a copy of our advice sheet relating to support for family and friends carers for your information.

I hope you will find the information helpful but should you wish to speak to an Adviser, you can telephone our free advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open 9.30 t0 3.00 p.m. Monday to Friday.

Best wishes,

Suzie

mamma

Post by mamma » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:12 pm

his suzie and irene, does this meeting only happen when they have a plan? as we still have a final hearing in june this meeting is in 2 weeks time. bm has had a letter to attend. im not at home so dont know if im ivited yet thankyou all

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:14 am

Dear mamma

The permanency planning process can be implemented as early as the second Looked After Review meeting so that parallel plans can be put in place to ensure all options are covered, pending the outcome of any outstanding assessments of a child in care.

With regards to the meeting itself, it is normally chaired by a manager from the Adoption and Fostering Service but the social worker will be present, and should be able to provide an indication of who will be invited and what to expect.

I hope this helps.

Best Wishes

Suzie

mamma

Post by mamma » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:00 am

spoke to s/w as i was told by f/c hes not being adopted. but s/w says he will remain being twin tracked as a fall back. although very unlikely now with my possitive assessment. panel was caneled this week but im rebooked for next wednesday. ive asked for my g/s to be placed with me before final hearing he is supporting me bt he said everyone has to agree so fingers double crossed
thankyou suzie