Christmas Greetings

Robin D

Christmas Greetings

Post by Robin D » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:12 am

I just wanted to wish everyone here a Happy Christmas while accepting it will be different for all of us.

To those of you separated from the children you want to be with through circumstances entirely beyond your control, I hope you will find some solace in knowing that someone out there is caring for them and that the children will be having a good time. Despite the few bad stories, most foster and adoptive parents love the children in their care.

To those of you who have taken on the care of a child this year, I hope that this first Christmas is magical for you and the child.

To those who have been caring for child for a while, remember that what you are doing is incredibly important, even when the going gets really tough. Christmas is the time to put any difficulties of the last year to one side and once again enjoy being together.

To those, like us, where the children have now fled the nest, its the time to enjoy being around others if you can, and to reflect on what you have achieved for these children - not what you haven't.

To those who are estranged from their own children by the difficulties, and usually as a result of poor choices by the absent parent, you did your best. When becoming an adult, you made your own decisions and you have to allow them to do the same, even if it hurts to watch them.

So, whatever your belief's, may the peace and joy of the true Christmas touch your lives. Happy Christmas everyone.

Robin
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.

Roma1

Re: Christmas Greetings

Post by Roma1 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:08 pm

Lovely words! Thanks!