Happy 10th Anniversary Forum

Robin D

Happy 10th Anniversary Forum

Post by Robin D » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:34 pm

In a few days on the 21st August I will have been on this forum for 10 years. I think I was one of the first to sign up so

Many Happy Returns to the Friends and Family Carers Forum. :D

I don't suppose the administrator fancies sharing some facts with us. I.e. Start date, Number of users helped over the decade etc?

I have cause to be grateful that FRG and this forum exist, so many thanks to the Cathy and the team at The Print House.
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary Forum

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:33 am

Hi Robin,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I see today is your "10th birthday" on the board!

Many thanks to you and to everybody else who has contributed to the board during this time and made it the successful and supportive place it is.

We are going to dig out the information you've requested and will post it in due course.

Best wishes

Suzie

Forum Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Forum Administrator » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:25 pm

Hi Robin

Congratulations Robin on your 10 years of contributing and receiving advice on this invaluable platform!

The family and friends carers board was born in October 2002 and was hosted on the Snitz interactive discussion environment. Our first member was Margaret. To date we have had nearly 30000 postings which is very impressive. I have attached a snapshot of our old forum for nostalgia!

As Suzie has said many thanks to everybody who has contributed to the board during this time and made it the successful and supportive place it is.

Yasmin
Forum Administrator
Attachments
forum.jpg
forum.jpg (92.99 KiB) Viewed 7733 times

Robin D

Post by Robin D » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:02 pm

Good grief... I was slow signing up! :lol:

30,000 posts is indeed very impressive. Well done FRG and thanks Yasmin.
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.

David Roth

Post by David Roth » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:17 am

Congratulations on your eight years of posting here, Robin. I'm a mere 8-yearling, having started working for FRG in 2006, and registered to post here not long afterwards.

Thank you also for your input during this time, and for so often being available to advise others who are posting here. Using your own experiences to help and advise others is just what this forum is all about.
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser