a big thank you

nannydunn

a big thank you

Post by nannydunn » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:52 pm

I would like to say a big thank you to the staff on the help line my husband had a long conversation with a very nice lady he can't remember her name who sent us a template letter to send to our local authority to claim fostering allowance for when my grandchildren were staying with us we have just received a cheque for 15 weeks allowance. although we would give ten times and more that amount to have the children back with us rather than in foster care. it is the principle of being told you are not entitled to anything you do it because you are their grandparents but until you take on two young children who came in nothing but the clothes they stood in do you realise how expensive they are our water bill alone went up by £40.00 per month. please if you are a grandparent out there and social services have asked you to take on your grandchildren please use the helpline and see if you are entitled to fostering allowance it would have made such a difference to us if we had it when we had the children. a BIG THANK YOU AGAIN TO THE PEOPLE THAT MAN THE HELPLINE.

David Roth

Re: a big thank you

Post by David Roth » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:47 am

nannydunn, thank you for your kind words. I'm very pleased to hear that FRG's advice line was so helpful, although it is sad that your grandchildren remain in the care system while you are willing to look after them.

I have passed your words on to my colleagues who answer the advice line phones, so they will be aware of your appreciation.
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser