In need of some advice

Roma1

Re: In need of some advice

Post by Roma1 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:50 am

Thanks.
I think the mother would agree to me having contact, although she has told me all the information I have , which is why I would like to clarify with SS. I am well used to her giving me inaccurate information!!
I just can't understand why SS would want us to repair our relationship of there is no impact for the children.
The mother tells me that there is no care plan in place ( they have been in care for almost six months) - I can't really believe this is true.
I am wondering if they are planning long term and want to include me in an ongoing care plan.
I tried ringing just now. The SW is off today! back Monday, so guess. I will just have to wait.
I thought that care order cases now had to be sorted in 26 weeks, yet they are saying the kids won't be back for Christmas, that will be nine months in care with no long term plan in place. Does that make sense? She is adamant that she is getting them back, though the case hasn't been finalised yet!!
Hopefully I will get some accurate insights from the SS next week!

Roma1

Post by Roma1 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:49 pm

You were right! None of it is true! Not sure what is going on but my conversation with the SW was able to allow me to read between the lines and I now know more than I knew before!! Back in the picture now and they are going to be back in touch with me!!

Roma1

Post by Roma1 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:23 pm

Things go from bad to worse!!
I have heard from SS . They are going to put forward long term plans for the child and include a recommendation for us to be assessed for his long term care.
The mother will explode, I know. She is convinced she is getting them back and SS don't appear to be planning for this option at all.
The final hearing is planned for October, no idea what date. SS said they will ring me and keg me know the result.
Of course, I know the judge will decide the final outcome!
Wondering what the likelihood of it going SS way!!! Waiting is the hardest bit!
If they put us forward for assessment, will we be called to the hearing? ( hoping not !!!)
If we go ahead on a friends and family long term basis, will the assessment be the same as a long term foster assessment and will the child be able to come pre- assessment?
SW said they would put in strategies to protect the child from the mother if he came here! We live over 100 miles away from their home at the moment .
So many questions going round in my head!!

Roma1

Post by Roma1 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:44 am

Well, just because the SS recommend that doesn't mean the judge will agree? SS said they would tell me the outcome but yes, said they were recommending not to go back to their mum! :(
I just don't want him to end up in long term care when he could come here. We are not blood relations but more significant than the ones he has! He has lived with me before and I know he would love to come here. Land I would prefer to do it in partnership with his mum and with her blessing and cooperation. Can't see that happening!
Said they would put their plans forward to the court and let me know!
I was, as you know, in the picture earlier on in the process. Due to events that took place I withdrew but now want to proceed. SS said they we gutted when we pulled out but understood why we did. But at this very late stage they want to put us forward again. Maybe too late for the judge to agree?