social services have stopped me seeing a friend

muttley

social services have stopped me seeing a friend

Post by muttley » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:42 pm

Hello i was hoping someone could help me, a very close friend of mine called me up after her meeting in order to get her baby back in absolute tears telling me that she was no longer allowed to see or contact with the father of the baby that was expected but she informs me that is not why she is upset she then tells me that she is not to have contact or see me either and that is why she is so upset or else she could lose her child why has this happened.

I will point out a few things for one its due to the father she is in this situation due to him hiding the fact he has two children who are under police protection from him and two i do in fact have a criminal record my self where i spent 18 months of my life in prison however my crime was not child related or sexual related nor an armed offense i am also doing work now with the princes trust and other charity organizations as well as community projects.

So my question is can they do this despite all they know about me is that i have a criminal record if so what steps can i take next in order to see her and the child again without risking her losing her baby as of now i am currently waiting for a call but its hard to know if i am doing the right thing when i cannot have direct contact with her.

any form of help advice or information on what to do and where to go next would be greatly appreciated.

muttley

Re: social services have stopped me seeing a friend

Post by muttley » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:54 pm

ah i just noticed that sorry first time on this site did not relies it. where can i find the correct forum? because i keep getting redirected here.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:20 am

Dear Muttley,

Irene is right-this forum is for those who look after children of friends and family.

However you have raised issues that are relevant to Family Rights Group and we can give you advice. You should ring out free and confidential advice line on 0808 801 0366 or you could email for advice at advice@frg.org.uk.
If this is difficult, then you can post on the parents forum and I can try and give a more in-depth answer.

At this stage, I would say that you should not do anything that might jeopardize your friends position. If you were to make contact with her, children services may decide that it is not safe for baby to remain with her-and take steps to remove baby from her. You could contact the social worker directly and ask why they think you are a risk.

Best wishes,

Suzie

muttley

Post by muttley » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:18 pm

thank you for your help i really appreciate it. I have not made contact with her since she told me due to that fear so i am doing the best i can on my end with out jeopardizing her and her baby. I thank you again for your help and advice and will e mail or ring the suggested contacts and i will re post on the page you suggested.