residency order

nana1234

Re: residency order

Post by nana1234 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:08 pm

Oh dear, what can I say???? Haven't been around for a few weeks, because my heart is broken and I fear that all this is for nothing! My GS has now been in his mothers care for 9 weeks (since his last "accident" ), and we are still waiting for the case to be heard. The SW even admitted that they missed the opportunity to get my GS out, and are not all together sure what the outcome will be!!!!! The only good thing is my son has been able to see his son, but is heart broken every time he has to hand him back.... I feel the system that is there to help has let my GS down BIG TIME!!! We are still going through assessments for fostering, and I have to say the rapport we have built up the department has been a positive one so far.......I hope in the future my GS gets the right result for him, because after all, he is the MOST important person in all of this!!!!! :cry:

nana1234

Post by nana1234 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:28 pm

Well a farsical end to 12 weeks of worry.... She has been given a supervisory order, and my son can have my GS on Wed and Saturdays.... It was noted that SS did not follow procedures and had they then my GS would have been taken off her immediately...We have gone through weeks of assessments (which I dont mind) but I feel had SS dealt with this correctly, the outcome would have been very different!!!! Thankfully I get to see my wonderful GS again, so atleast he has 2 people who love him very much looking out for him.....

David Roth

Post by David Roth » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:13 pm

Thank you for letting us know what happened, nan1234. Hopefully if there are any more concerns about your grancdson's safety, children's services won't be so slow to act in future.
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser

Raff Bowyar

Post by Raff Bowyar » Wed May 28, 2014 5:49 am

nana1234 wrote:Hi, Im new on here and a grandmother to a wonderful little boy. At the moment my son has been advised by social services to go for a residency order to get his son.. He was in a destructive relationship, but stayed for the sake of his son. Then 8 weeks ago after several incidents where the police were called by my son, he finished the relationship for his own sanity. We then found out that his son was on the "at risk" register due to incidents reported by the health visitor and what social services had seen. Now this is where is gets worse.. In the space of 5 weeks my grandson endured finger print bruising on his legs, a cigarette burn, thermometer shoved down his ear needing hospital care and finally falling over several feet down the stairs and breaking his collar bone...All were claimed as accidents. Now SS have said my son should apply for a residency order because they dont think my grandson is safe, yet he is still with his mother!!! We have supported both parents until the incidents, where I myself contacted SS to air my worries.....My biggest fear is WHY is he still in her care if they feel he is at risk??? My son is extremely worried, and we have now been told by his solicitor that he will have to fund the residency order... At the moment he isnt working and we have said we will help with the fees etc, but it seems unjust that he has to pay to get his son out of an unsafe environment..and then the courts may decide against it!!! If anyone has any advice it would be gratefully received xx
E-cigs are safe. People just don't have regard for proper electronic use...

David Roth

Post by David Roth » Wed May 28, 2014 11:49 am

Welcome to the family and friends carers discussion forum, Raff Bowyar.

This is a discussion forum specifically for family and friends carers, ie people like grandparents and older siblings who are bringing up children who are unable to remain with their parents. If you are in this position, you are welcome to stay and take part in our discussions, as family and friends carers are often isolated and don't know many other people who're doing what they're doing, so advice from others and from FRG advisers on this forum can be very welcome.

However, contributions which fall outside this forum's remit will not be kept, for example your contribution on the subject of e-cigarettes is not advancing the advice provided on a topic that is extremely serious for the poster concerned, and for others in similar circumstances. I would ask that any future contributions by you should stick to the topic under discussion.
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser