xmas hols

pongo99

xmas hols

Post by pongo99 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:53 pm

as you know we have r/o for g/d we have took her away for the last 4 christmas's and have booked again this year mother knows all about this we were going to take her with we untill she started filling g/c head with crap so hubby told her we wasnt going to take her as it would spoil g/c christmas now mother is playing her face stating she wants g/c left here with our other daughter and said we carnt take her do we pay head or ignore her
pongo99

Help 1870

Re: xmas hols

Post by Help 1870 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:00 am

I think ignore her, shes wrong in saying you cant take her.

She of course has the option of applying to the court to prevent you taking child away but she will need a very good reason for the court to entertain that.

I cant see her bothering to go that far to be honest. Let her keep on 'playing her face'

David Roth

Re: xmas hols

Post by David Roth » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:22 am

Pongo, your way to answer this is to think about what will give your granddaughter the best Christmas. She is with you all year round when you're doing all the hard slog of bringing her up. Will it be a happy Christmas for her if you go away and leave her behind, on one of the most important days of the year for children?

Some children who are not with their parents, or only with one parent, do feel very aware of divided loyalties at this time of year - there are pictures of happy families everywhere (well maybe not on Eastenders, where they always seem to have the most miserable Christmases imaginable), and for some children this can make them sad that their family is not together. And it doesn't help if people are saying things to children that can confuse them.

I think you need to stay focused on what will be best for the child - and remember, children might not know themselves what will be best, if other people have said confusing things to them.
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser