advice please

rosetta

Re: advice please

Post by rosetta » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:06 pm

Hi there,

I am writing as my 5 year old son is in foster care at the moment. I t is a very difficult time for me and I am hoping to meet other parents who are going through the same situation as myself. It has been ruled that my son cannot come home to me as it is believed by the social services that I have not made enough changes to have my son return to my care (however I disagree completely).

My Mother was assessed for an SGO and the viability assessment in the beginning was very positive until it came to the transition plan and it seems that the social workers conducting the plan and contact were unhappy with her because of such stupid reasons which we plan to challenge.

Anyway to cut a long story short, the LA's care plan is now for my son to be placed up for adoptions despite my wishes for him to come home or be placed in the care of my Mother. We have a tough job ahead to fight in court and persuade the judge that adoption is not in my sons best interest.

As I said I am hoping to meet any parents in the same sort of situation as me to share advice and information. If there is anyone out there who can relate to myself then please do get in touch asap.

Many Thanks

Rosie

David Roth

Re: advice please

Post by David Roth » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:07 pm

Rosie

I have posted on the other thread about this which you started.

This is a discussion forum for family and friends carers, i.e. grandparents, siblings and others who are raising a child who is not living with their parents. There is a separate discussion forum for children's parents here: http://www.frg.org.uk/ParentsForum/

I am sure you will be able to find other parents there you can have this discussion with.
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser