New Board

Robin D

New Board

Post by Robin D » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:25 pm

It looks very nice ..... Well done the FRG team.
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.

Help 1870

Re: New Board

Post by Help 1870 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:25 pm

Took me a while. Now to figure out what to do, :)

David Roth

Post by David Roth » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:07 pm

Hi Robin, ied & Help

Good to see you all in our new forum. Nice avatars!

Lets hope that everone else can find their way over here as well.
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser

David Roth

Post by David Roth » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:45 am

Incidentally, I've decided to use the whole of my real name as my username on here. I thought that might make it easier for people to distinguish between me and the grandfather carer who posts here under the username David.

As a general rule though we would still advise people against choosing a username that would allow them to be identified. Apart from anything else, it helps to keep the confidentiality of the children you are raising.
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser

David

Post by David » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:41 am

Apologies to David Roth, and other board users, if I have ever been confused with him.
David R is the professional who knows what he is talking about, I am the kinship carer who has been on a steep learning curve for the last 7 years :!:
David - former kinship carer for SEND grandaughter, now retired and still appointee for her Universal Credit & DWP benefits

David Roth

Post by David Roth » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:29 am

For what it's worth, I think that the experience that you all bring, as family and friends carers, is invaluable to this forum. A really important part of what this board is about is carers being able to learn from each others' experiences, and chat with others who understand what they are going through.

The family and friends carers who post here have done a grand job of supporting each other through difficult times.
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser