Forum for parents

David Roth

Forum for parents

Post by David Roth » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:24 pm

You may have noticed on the Family Rights Group homepage that FRG has just launched a discussion forum for parents.

This is for all the parents who contact FRG, eg because there are child protection investigations taking place, or their local authority is considering issuing care proceedings. FRG advisors will check up on the parents' forum and answer their queries on these matters.

Like this forum, the forum users there will retain their anonymity.

It may be that some of the parents of the children you are raising would be interested in the new parents' forum.

David R
FRG Policy Adviser
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser

Kate

Re: Forum for parents

Post by Kate » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:20 pm

Thanks for this info David, good luck with this new forum.

modsas

Post by modsas » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:13 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,
can you give advice please

We used to live in Great Yarmouth Norfolk, and we was subject to a child protection order through false allegations. Now we live in Suffolk and we work with social services in Suffolk who cleared us from any misleading information consequently our child was took of child protection and we no longer have any thing to do with them. But now due to unforeseen issues we now look after our grandson and although there is no evidence to say we are unfit parents Norfolk social services still think we are unfit and are unable to look after our grandson and also they have said they are going to put him in care we can explain more but that is the outline we are due to go court on the 15th of this month and I feel Norfolk are discriminating us and not giving us a fair chance to prove that we are fit parents for our grandson. There are two people mainly involved with the Norfolk services who do not like and get on with us and although we have tried to get on with them it has always been turned around to look as we are bad parents we asked weather it could be independently reviewed by a different person or authority I.E where we live in Suffolk but got told that will not happen we feel that we are victims of misjudgement by the 2 people involved in Great Yarmouth services Norfolk it is widely known by various members of our family and friends and Suffolk that there judgement is incorrect please can you help by letting us no if it can be independently reviewed and assessed by an alternative body or persons we have sought legal advice but the social services are not prepared to correct or work or even be fair with us . please ring us as soon as you can. as we would like to no what our rights are and if there is anything you can do to help us.

Forum Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Forum Administrator » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:04 am

Hi Modsas

Sorry to hear about your situation. I have forwarded your message to one of our advisers who will call you shortly.

I have also edited your post to delete your personal details as this information is open to the public.

Regards

Board Administrator

modsas

Post by modsas » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:01 pm

thank you its was very helpful to no that they are not being transparent with us or fair it would be helpful if you could e-mail me the information

modsas

Post by modsas » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:44 pm

thank you is it possible for some one to see me as I think this is bigger than i can handle we are happy to pay for the travel and provide a food allowance please please please or maybe we visit you we are at a no win try or not

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:19 am

Hi Modsas,

Unfortunately we do not provide a face to face service and we no longer offer an advocacy service because, unfortunatley, our funding was withdrawn. I have replied to your private message and I think you have spoken to one of our other advisors. Please feel free to call us again or get in touch through this board if you want more help and advice.

Best wishes

Suzie