Just wanted to check back in and say a big thanks

Aunty_chrissy

Just wanted to check back in and say a big thanks

Post by Aunty_chrissy » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:53 pm

What seems like a thousand years ago I logged on as a very frighted 21 year old looking for some advice as i had been left with my nephews care and no court orders and my sister kept threatening to take him back and it was messy and this upport forum gave me a place to ven and gain information to but most importantly it gave me the support to keep going, I was awarded full custody with no visiting rights awarded to my sister and since then life has changed in many many ways so I thought I might update you all while i have the timne
Matty is now a vibrant bubbly young man who when he came to me was only 8 and the size of a two year old, he was almost non verbal and wasnt toilet trained, in 2 weeks he turns 13 we have since found out he has autism and an aquired brain injury due to the exposure to heroin when he was in the uterus. He has called me mum since I got formal custody though the court system and he has just started high school this year, and I would like to say thank you to everyone, I was even in the uk and everyone was willign ti help a little aussie out so for that i am more than grateful thank you xx

Kate

Re: Just wanted to check back in and say a big thanks

Post by Kate » Tue May 03, 2011 12:58 am

Hi again Chrissy, great to hear from you again - you are obviously still doing a wonderful job and you and your nephew can be very proud of yourselves [:)]