Lac Review

Prim

Lac Review

Post by Prim » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:33 pm

Please Could anyone tell me how long after a lac review has taken place should i have to wait for a copy from children's services. Only i can't seem to get one from them and think it is important to be able to prepare for the next one Thankyou

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Lac Review

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:30 pm

Dear Prim

Thank you very much for your post and apologies for not replying before now due to the volume of work.

You are absolutely right to want a copy of LAC review minutes in order to prepare for the next one and I am sorry to hear that you are have had difficulties getting them – hopefully you have got them by now but in case you haven’t the information below may help. Were you invited to attend the review?

The Independent Reviewing Officer (IRO) is responsible for preparing the written record of the meeting. The Independent Reviewing Officers’ handbook states that they should prepare the review decisions/recommendations which 5 days and a full record within 15 days of the meeting; this record should then be distributed within 15 working days to everyone who attended the child part of the review. If you did not attend or only attended part the social worker and IRO should decide whether you should receive the full record or part of it. As you are a grandparent not a parent this might affect you. Do have a look at our advice sheet on duties on children’s services when children are in the care system which sets this out.

If you continue to have difficulties I think you should write in to the IRO to query this and do ask for a response in writing.

With best wishes

Suzie